Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Buds of my Indian Jasmine (also called Mogra) plant are turning brown and dying before blooming. Why?

I live in Houston. This Jasmin plant is a 5 year old and is planted in the ground. First year it gave plenty of flowers but from 2nd year on most of the buds have stunted growth and turn brown...then fall off. The plant looks very healthy. Grows a lot. I have taken these brown buds to the Nursery experts. I have even treated it's roots. Sprayed for the insects. Fertilized it regularly. Does any one know why this is happening? Yes, one more thing...many of my friends are facing similar problem. Once in a while I do get few good size flowers. I love the smell of these flowers and don't want to throw it out.

Buds of my Indian Jasmine (also called Mogra) plant are turning brown and dying before blooming. Why?
Jasmine bloom best in full sun. Where is yours planted?





Jasmine should be planted in soil that drains well. The plant should dry out between waterings. Sometimes plants that are over-watered develop brown buds and/or leaves.





Do any of your friends have a plant that is successfully blooming?? I would look closely at this plant and it's environment to see what is different!





Good Luck!
Reply:ur Hindu neighbours are ur best councsellors.


No comments:

Post a Comment