Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I have a Jasmine plant/climber winding round a pergula, can i trim stems that arent winding round?

I have a Jamine plant climber that is growing round a pergula and it has grown to about 3 meters high.


The thing is its is growing fine winding round the pergula but there are a few stems that are growing outwards which are too long to wind round now, can i just trim those ones off?


or will that kill the plant etc?

I have a Jasmine plant/climber winding round a pergula, can i trim stems that arent winding round?
Hi:


You should be able to prune back the runners that are long. Just make sure they are not connected to the main root of the climber. Always trim at an angle with any plant and not straight across. Prune back to where you can manage stem and see if you can wind it around by cutting the length. You should be fine. If the Jasmine is in bloom now, wait until it is done blooming to prune.





I will link you to the proper pruning page of my website. It may give you some tips on pruning your climbing Jasmine plant. I will link you also to the site map, as this page has everything that is on the website. Browse through and see if you can find any other tips, techniques or articles that may be useful to you. Good luck to you and have a great day.


Kimberly





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...
Reply:Yes, I've got one and so it does not get to leggy I trim back some stems every year. Trimed to one leaf joint from main stem, then I get two new stems that I then train as they grow to where I want them.


No comments:

Post a Comment